Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm a GRANMOTHER! in the makings!!

Yesterday we found out that our daughter and son-in-law are expecting a baby!! We were so surprised!! They've been married going on two years and been together going on 6...so it's time! We were honored to be the very first people to learn in the families!! Today, while they are visiting for my husband's birthday we most likely hit all the places in town that carry baby things as well as maternity clothings...never too soon to start looking!

When they were engaged, one picture was taken that my husband commented on that when they become "pregnant" they should use that picture to announce it! So they did!! They created a beautiful shadow box with the picture in the center and lots of cute things with it saying we were grandparents...here is a close up of the picture itself, and next time I will try to get a good picture of the box.



So in closing, I can hear the breeze whispering in a whole new phase of our lives..we are truely blessed!

2 comments:

marie said...

Congratulations!!

I sense some baby knitting in my future... :-D

Lady Malu ist angekommen.......... said...

Hello,
it´s a wonderful news - and the best present parents can have:
A child from their child!
Congratulations!
Our grandson is just seven and also the light of our life.
Best to you and your famely
Aiko