Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Whispering Breeze of Spring!

Although it is still "winter" in Northern Arizona, with snow forecast for the weekend, I do have a hint of "spring" in my home! A very dear friend gave me this beautiful vase of tulip bulbs. As you can see in the first picture, there is only one open, yet within 3 days...all 14 of the bulbs have opened up!




I have never grown tulips, and have fallen in love with this flower! They have a beautiful fresh smell that makes me feel as if I've stepped outside in a spring morning and taken a "whiff" of the morning air! The whispers of springtime are so alive in my home with my tulips! I stop many times each day to take a 'mini' vacation into springtime....I hope I don't wear out the fragrance!

To my dear friend who blessed me with this gift, I am so grateful for our friendship, you mean a lot to me, Judy!




1 comment:

marie said...

Pretty!! Love the color of these tulips!